Thursday, February 14, 2008

Ultimatum

My Dad gave me an ultimatum today. Either finish my dissertation by February 23 or forget about it COMPLETELY. He said that I have been working at it for too long already and if I'm not done with it by that time then I have probably reached my limit.

It's just like saying I'm not good enough. I guess I deserved that. Frankly speaking I have been doing it half heartedly. I am doing a topic that is very distant from a field close to my heart...education.

Nonetheless, they spent big money for my tuition and they need payback...FAST! A person who does not contribute to family expenses has no right to complain. KNOW YOUR ROLE AND SHUT YOUR MOUTH is the rule here.

I know Daddy didn't mean it. He never meant to hurt any of us. Being straightforward is just his way of blowing off steam.

Deep inside I know he's just concerned. He would not let his eldest son be trapped in a low paying job like teaching. Why his children are meant for great things! My parents did not work their asses off reaching great heights just to have underachieving children!


I know that he meant well. However, I feel I can never be like my parents. No matter how I try I will never be good enough. Sad to say but their way is not my way.

________________________________________
Illustrations Cited:

http://macriner.wordpress.com/2008/01/03/pointing/

http://flapsblog.com/?m=200609

No comments: